Saccs Personal Accounting
Saccs is a simple web-based personal accounting package to track
bank and credit card balances. A person can have multiple accounts.
Multiple installations on one system can accomodate multiple users.
Perl and MySQL are required.
- Perl and MySQL. Certain perl libraries such as HTML::Template
and DBI are required. Apache or something like it is
- Will run on almost anything that can handle apache and
- I wrote a simple set of scripts to do web-based tracking of my
bank accounts, credit card and cash balances, and "who owes me how
much". This worked well enough for 3 years, so I want to release it
for others to use. But the original is very dirty code and hard to
install, so I'm writing a new one, with the lessons learned in 3
years, that will also be properly modularised and packaged.
- Create/open an account: bank or credit card or "community".
You can have as many of these as will fit in the menu, more if
you don't mind crowding.
- Bank account detail display will show date, description,
"cleared" (think check) per month. It will show a balance and a
"cleared" balance. The "cleared" balance should be the same as
what your ATM shows you. It will also show the month's net
inflow and outflow.
- For bank accounts, previous months can be viewed. The
month display will show beginning and ending balances and light
- For credit cards, a running balance total will be shown
along with date, item description, etc. When you receive your
monthly statement, delete the items that are correct and enter
the balance as a new starting point for the calculation. This
helps to keep track of what you're spending on the card.
- "Community" shows a grid, each column corresponds to a
friend and each row corresponds to money owed to or by one of
the friends. The last row, the total, shows the total owed to
or by the friend. Very useful for roommates and easier to use
- Transfers between accounts.
- No direct communication with any financial
SF project page